From:
EveRussell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 08:00:31 -0800
OK critter slaves! I have only purchased 8 water bottles for my ferrets
in the 7 years I have been owned by them. I hate to say this, but it's
usually NOT the bottle at fault! YOU MUST FILL THEM TILL NO MORE WATER
CAN FIT!!! Screw the lid on,turn it spout down, then give the bottle a
gentle squeeze till a little comes out.Do not turn it back over and sit
it down! Hang it up. If you can't do that because you have 10 you are
doing at the same time, fill them all the way up and put the cap on
and wait till right before you hang them to turn it over and give the
squeeze.I know this because my DEAR husband will NOT fill them all the
way up! and will not take the time to squeeze! When he does it his way,
DRIP-DRIP--DRIP! I take them down and do it my way ,and no more drip.
You also have to make sure the washer is in place. I also have a top
fill bottle that doesn't drip,I don't like it because it is to easy
to fill and forget to wash it out! Our babies DO need fresh clean
water daily--Just like us! If all else fails they have a dish that the
plastic plate goes on the outside and can be turned to fit most bars,
screw on the round piece and,walla ! They can't be tipped over or
pulled off. I found my first one in the parrot section in 2002. They
came in 3 different sizes. Drs F&S just started selling them not to
long ago.in purple or grey. If you can't find them let me know. My
kids would rather drink out of the dish. those that liked to play in
the water got an empty dish just incase of a drip. They work great for
food too!

Eve, MrMister, and my 13 Angels (Just my thoughts)