From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:08:19 -0500
Dear Fellow FMLers,

Words cannot express the gratitude felt for the generous outpouring of
donations for the young lady who lost her kitty (and everything else) in
the tragic fire that also took the lives of eight innocent fuzzies.
Bless each of you for your kindness!

I was privileged to meet the young lady in person the other evening.
She is a kind and sweet soul if ever there was one.  I told her about the
FML and what its members were doing for her.  I explained how the vast
majority of "ferret people" feel about their fur babies, and how the
little ones at her apartment complex were so terribly mistreated.  There
were many tears flowing in the room, and I must confess, even this worn
out old man had a lump in his throat the size of a golf ball.  The news
of the donations was a complete surprise to her.  I told her that
envelopes were arriving from everywhere.  From California to Connecticut,
from Michigan to Texas, from New York to Arizona, and indeed from beyond
the borders of our great country, the wonderful people of the FML have
given generously to help restore her life.  To say she is overwhelmed
would be an understatement.

So many have sent notes of condolence and encouragement along with the
donations.  All of these will be given to her as well.  Many have sent
e-cards of sympathy.  As she is still without a computer, I am saving
these to be forwarded to her so she can see the heartfelt thoughts of the
members of the FML for the loss of her kitty.  Since she cannot respond
directly, I send the following from her to you: "Please tell all of them
thank you from the bottom of my heart.  For the rest of my life, every
time I see a ferret, or even a picture of one, I'll always remember the
kindness of your friends.  They are such wonderful people.  When I'm back
on my feet, please let me know if I can do anything to help any of them.
They, and their "fuzzies" as you call them, will always be in my prayers.
C.B., you must be very proud to be a member of such a great group of
people."  Yes, Alisha, I am.

May the Creator and Keeper of Rainbow Bridge, in whose mighty arms the
little fuzzies and the kitty now safely sleep, bless each and every one
of you and all the precious fur babies throughout the world.  Ferrets
bring us such joy.  I am sure as each and every one arrives at Rainbow
Bridge, the first thing they hear from Him Who Sits As Judge Supreme are
the welcome words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!"

And from me to you, may the FML continue to prosper.  Yes, we'll
sometimes disagree.  Sometimes we'll even squabble over issues.  But when
the need arises, we put aside our differences and stand as one.  After
all, we are all here for the same reason -- the love of ferrets.

With profound gratitude, love, hugs, and dooks,

C.B. and Loki