Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:38:07 EDT
>She  asked that I e-mail her about what type of food I was feeding
>her. As with  all of my animals, I feed them what I think is the best
>food possible.  Kathy's closing remark to my e-mail was, "I appreciate
>your email, and what  you tried to do for the ferret." I was really
>taken back and thought that  she was very cold and could have cared
>less about what I experienced and  went through. I also asked if there
>was a guarantee with the ferrets she  sold and she said that, "What I
>can do is take $50 off your next purchase."  Never again in my
>lifetime would I purchase another ferret from  there.
>
>Lynne

Ok here is the truth as I know it. ferrets are support systems for
cancer. That is just fact. I had a very well behaved very neat loving
lil guy from Real Canadian Ferrets named Koda. I lost him at almost
three years of age due to lymphoma. It happens all too often but it
happens. It may be due to breeding stock and it may just be the dam
luck of the draw in life. At the last Symposium all the vets mentioned
that ferrets are highly susceptible to cancers just because of the
general body makeup. It is just a fact of having frets I am afraid.

I do not want to come off here as non caring because folks who know me
know how much I miss my koda boy BUT, it is just part and parcel to
having ferrets. You can't hold the breeder responsible for a two and a
half old ferret unless they gave you some kind of guarantee. I would
love to have another RCF as I find them to be well, more ferret if ya
get my drift but I now have a four pound boy from Marshall Farms (can
you say re-introductory breeding??) FYI that means going back to the
primary species which is the Polecat or M.P Furo, yes look it up I am
right it is the European Polecat which Bob Church can tell you is the
same as the Steppes Polecat..see what I learned at the symposium??
LMAO!!! I got the chance to pick Bob's brain even tho he was ill I took
advantage of that for sure!!! folks I am sold out to anything Musty.
OK? ( I can't get spell check to spell Mustelidae correctly so here I
am with my very poor Latin to help me) LMAOA!!! Hey folks I urge all of
you to go to the next ferret symposium ok? Yes I had help getting there
in Portland BUT when the next one comes down the pike, If I am able to
move under my own steam I will be there even if I have to sleep in the
park in a sleeping bag and hide out in the bushes...LOL!!!

Lynn I am sorry you lost your baby in such a short time. It is a nasty
fate but it happens. Been there all too often and I know the heart
break but you cannot blame the breeder out of hand for it. Now if you
can prove that a breeder is breeding an imperfect product then don't
buy from that breeder, but in this case I just think that perhaps you
just got a bad break in Life 101 as we all have from time to time.

Best to all

Fred Hurd
Reno Ferret Rescue