From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:17:30 -0700
pt. 1:
I recently removed my couch from the ferret room and found evidence of an
infant ferret business (IUm guessing laundromat or dry cleaning): six
(mixmatched) pairs of socks, various underwear, several washclothes and
oven mits, a shirt, a spoon (that does have me perplexed) and a business
card (?).  I suspect my youngest, Sybil.  She has way more energy than the
rest of them and is probably the only one who could handle the 12-16 hr
days required to start a small business.

pt.2:
When I first got Linus he absolutely DID NOT like ferretone, or anything
remotely related to it.  All he liked was fresh bananas.  Consequently it
was very hard to give him positive reinforcements when he found the litter
box.  Holding and petting him was not good b/c he physically could not sit
still (he much preferred being chased relentlessly).  I tried banana baby
food, nope.  I could not get him to try ferretone (or anything related) on
his own.  When I stuck it on his mouth heUd immediately go and wipe it off
into the carpet.  I think Linus finally got jealous of Zooey and Elsa
getting treats b/c after about a month he just gave in and tried the
ferretone and...was instantly hooked.  A relief, but not necessarily
helpful with the litter box training.  It still took over a year.
Apparently thereUs no truth to the rumors that ferretone increases brain
mass...:)

Minta