From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 22:56:02 EDT
>The little girl curls right up and goes to sleep, but the boy is frantic
>the whole time, covered or not (on our usual family visit, that's 3-4
>hours).  He continually scratches to get out.  He hates being caged, so
>I think that's it, but I'm just trying to think of all possibilities.
>Maybe he's sick and uncomfortable?  He does this even if I premedicate
>him with children's Benadryl - he just won't go to sleep!!
>
>Em

Hi Em ~

I work with herbs and flower and gem essences.  A good herb for anxiety
is scullcap.  It is a safe herb you can make a tea with.  You would get
dried leaves from an herb shop, or the made up teabags.  Make up a cup of
weak tea, strain out the loose tea, and take it with you in a thermos.
As you travel give him a drop to lick off your finger every hour or so
for the three hours.  If one drop does not work mix two drops with a bit
of ferretvite.  Or, a flower remedy called "Rescue Remedy" will also
help.  It is for stress and comes in a dropper bottle.  Again just
drop-dose by starting with one drop and then going to two if it's needed.
I keep the rescue with me all of the time.  It helps little animal bodies
return to their natural state and to a calmness.

You can also premedicate the night before with one or the other of the
remedies mentioned above.

Warmly ~

Mary L. Conley, ND, Herbalist
Conley Farm Organic Herbs