Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:45:04 -0500
Hi All,

Not sure if this has been posted or not...I've been so busy with worka nd
moving that I've haven't had time to read everything in the FML for a
couple months now...:( Anyway, as part of our move we decided to find the
fuzzies a nice new home to keep them happy and give them a bit more to do
when we were at work all day.  We found the fun-nel cages at Petco.  For
those of you unfamiliar with them, they include multiple adjustalbe levels
and a some clear plastic tubing of tunnels that comes up out of the sides
and top of the cage and interconnects to allow for ferret fun and play.
The problem is that their is a design flaw in the cage.  After putting the
new thing together and putting the fuzzies inside, it took my youngest
girl, Zoe, all of 10 minutes to get out of the cage.  Apparently the bar
openings at the top of the cage are *just* wide enough that smaller girls
can slip through with incredible ease...We then took the cage apart and
returned it to be told "Oh yeah, the manufacturer is aware of the problem
and are going to correct it." Meanwhile they continue to display the models
with the problem without some kind of notice that only large ferrets should
be kept in the cages....Ack!!

Just wanted to pass that along just in case.

Hope everyone and their fuzzies are doing well!

Butch
Cricket, Percival and Zoe.