Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:36:35 EST
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd post the Washington news, today 12 more ferrets came into the
Washington State Ferret Rescue and Shelter.  If you live in the Seattle
area before going to the Petco's to get your next ferret, please consider
checking out the ferret shelters in the area.  Right now there are some
gorgeous ferrets at the shelter, even a handsome 3 year old Dark Silver
mit with a black nose!  We don't often get Silver Mits with Black noses!
There's a cute 2 year old Silver Panda that would love to join your ferret
family!  How about a Black Sable with a dark black nose!  Many chocolate
sables, albinos, Dark Eyed Whites, Black Mits.  Today I picked up a male
chocolate sable and a female dark eyed white from the Animal Control in
Bellevue, Wa.  These two ferrets could not understand why their mommy gave
them up, they did nothing wrong and they always use their litter boxes.
If you would like to see some of the pictures check the website out:

http://washingtonferret.org/
Washington State Ferret Rescue and Shelter

I have heard there's also a shelter in Mount Vernon, Wa. called Ferret
City Shelter and Lacy has around 30 ferrets at her shelter.  So if you are
closer to Mount Vernon, you can also email Lacy at : [log in to unmask] and
let her know you are looking for ferrets.

I also heard that a Jill that was turned into the shelter in Spokane just
had 5 kits, Shelter Mom didn't even know she was going to have babies!

Please before rushing down to the Petco's check out the shelters in your
area!  Most shelters really need to find good homes for their ferrets, so
they can make room for all the other Petco ferrets that are turned over to
them!  In the past three years over 700 ferrets originally from our local
Petcos have been turned over to the Washington State Ferret Rescue and
Shelter.  If Petcos didn't sell ferrets then I doubt the Washington State
Ferret Rescue and shelter would even need to be open.

If you have extra time, please consider helping out a shelter in your
area.  If you have extra money that you can spare, please consider sending
a few dollars off and on to the shelters in your area.  Every little bit
counts!  It take 50 lbs of food to feed 30 ferrets a month.  75 lbs of
litter a week.  This is just the beginning expense that a shelter has to
put out.  Most shelters are running in the red most of the time.  The
money comes out of the shelter Mom and dads own personal money.  Until
one day, they say we just can't continue on and then guess what they
close down and another shelter has even more ferrets to take care of!

Well, got to go put ferrets to bed!

Ashes had his stitches taken out Friday and will be on antibiotics for the
next 7 days, but hopefully, he will soon be back to his normal ferretie
self!  Thank-goodness his ear tumor was not cancerous!

Charleen and the Wa. Tails