Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 06:59:44 -0400
Sometimes the right decision is also the hardest one. Ferrets live to
play, dook, and get into mischief. When that spark is gone, and they
cannot muster up enough energy to do anything but sleep and look up at
us for help, then they have little or no quality of life left. They are
also very stoic, and hide much of the pain they may be experiencing.

I believe that the last great act of love that we can show them is to
help them to leave this world in peace, with our love and the sound of
our voices surrounding them, and not wait until the only thing that
they know is pain and desperation. You will know in your heart when
this time comes. That is when you must think of your ferret and only
your ferret, not your own need to hang on. He needs this from you, he
needs you to be strong, and only you can make this decision. He will
need you to be there with him as he goes to sleep for the last time,
with the sound of your voice and your familiar scent there to comfort
him.

Jeff
In Memory of Neo
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, and Luna