From:
Beverly Halvorsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:20:55 -0500
Have been reading the list for years - never posted.  Recently we have had
several discount pet centers open in our area, and I love to go to see all
the animals.  In each of the 3 stores I recently visited, the ferrets were
kept clean, but in wood shavings.  Now I know that is not good for them
from all I've read on the FML, but I am unable to explain to the stores WHY
wood shavings are not good for ferrets and that they should NOT be kept in
them!  Does someone know where I could get a pamphlet or something official
looking that I could hand out to these stores?  I would be glad to purchase
flyers/pamphlets etc.  to give them out personally.  Thanks for any
direction you can give me.

[Moderator's note: A couple of years ago I collected a few posts about
about cedar shavings use with ferrets and made it available on the server.
Included is a post from Dr. Williams which contains some references.  Feel
free to ask [log in to unmask] to SEND CEDAR POSTS FERRET       BIG]