From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:42:12 -0500
Tryntje asked yesterday whether other peoples' deaf ferrets made much noise
while playing-- Amelia is partially deaf, and she makes far less noise than
Cully does while happily playing.  She does dook when she's really worked
up, but it's more of a restrained burble.  It's a totally different
situation when she's in a fight with Cully, though.  Then she screams and
shrieks, even when she's on the offensive.  She also has one killer hiss on
her-- she sounds like a Japanese movie monster preparing to destroy Tokyo
when she's really mad.  My theory on the screaming is that she's making
noise loudly enough to hear herself.  And she figured out pretty quick that
it would get Cully in trouble ;)

Regina
Amelia ("help! he's killing me!")
and Cully ("honest, she was biting me! I didn't do anything!")

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
"If that's all there is, my friends, then let's keep dancing..."   Peggie Lee