From:
"Deborah W. Kemmerer, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 22:36:55 -0400
Ok, I don't even know what the IFNS is, and I have never BOASTED about
performing declaws.  I have a feeling I know who said I did, though.  What
I have said is that sometimes declawing keeps a ferret in a decent home it
would otherwise not be in.  Anyone who is starry-eyed enough to believe all
ferrets in the world will be in the perfect homes simply is not facing
reality.  I personally fund and run our local ferret shelter, and many
ferrets who would otherwise have been turned in to us for destroying
furniture are happily running around not digging holes in the backs of
sofas anymore.

I will not be drawn into a declawing controversy.  If someone wants to
believe I'm a horrible person because I've done declaws, well, that's life.
Some people are blinded by their own self-righteousness.

PS: Please, folks, if you're going to discuss PROSTATE problems, understand
the difference between prostate and prostrate. One is an organ, the other
is a position.

Debbie Kemmerer DVM