Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:41:17 -0800
>From:    Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Update on 4 Ferrets from Illinois - Response by Barb Clay
>
>The most powerful of this post is that you found the joy of placement;
>remember this feeling and recall it often.  Diane Iverson is a wonderful
>person...

Diane is indeed a wonderful person and a fantastic Ferret-parent.  Those
are 4 blessed ferrets to get a forever home with Diane.  Thank you to all
involved for allowing this to happen.

>Are there any FMLers out there that have adopted from ferret shelters?

Me, me, me!!!!  In May 2002, I was lucky enough to be able to adopt our
Sugamon, formly Cindy Lou, from a shelter!!!  Actually, Sugie was adopted
from Barb's shelter, Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter!!!!  Sugamon was
the 5th addition to our busyness and she is a definate bonus to our
family.  She turned my Husband, a hands-off ferret parent into an
involved ferret lover.  She is the apple of his eye, his sunggle-bunny
and his very special girl.  When Barb and Rocky's allowed me to bring
Sugamon home with me that day, they blessed us with a wonderful gift.
The gift of Sugie's special love and affection.  I thank them from the
bottom of my heart for trusting us with her care.

>Cathy needs to hear these true stories.  I understand her fears, I am
>sure we all can.

Cathy, my home would not be the same without the blessing of Sugamon.  My
Husband is a city boy who never appreciated all that an animal can be to
a person.  Now, with her in our home, he pays more attention to all the
animals that share our home.  He looks for her as soon as he walks in the
house and immediatly picks her and gives her some snuggles and kisses.
This is a guy whom has been the love of my life for the past 20 years,
and I had never seen him kiss an animal of any kind before Sugie joined
us.  She has changed him in such a great way, a way that the 4 that came
before never could.  We are now holding at 8 wonderful ferrets, 2 dogs,
2 adult cats and 3 kittens.  If it were financially possible for us, I
would welcome more ferrets here, all from shelters.  5 of our 8 were
considered serious biters that were not given the option of a shelter,
they were pet store babies that had been returned numerious times.
Biters do deserve special love too, and there are those of us out there
that do welcome them into our homes.  Just as there are those who love
the oldsters and sickies.  Let us help you, give these special fuzzies
even more love than they are already getting.

=====
Lynn-
Eight is Enough