From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:55:31 -0800
Our local ABC-news station "WEAR-3" of Pensacola has created a
downloadable see-and-hear record of their "Pet Tales" interview with
one of our directors, Wes, and one of our best ferret-adoptors and
volunteers, Shelly, as well as clips of many (not time for all) of our
fuzzy loves, including Onyx Olinda who is shown carefully lapping up her
white saucer of Susie's Special Duck Soup (for elderly and ill ferrets).

Just as soon as the station aired this interview on television, we
recieved over 20 calls from adopting applicants and have another
volunteer come from Mobile, Alabama, (where they also get the Pensacola
stations) this very morning.  My only instant of dismay was that for
Shelly's interview time, we all forgot and put a frisky boy-ferret in her
hands, which her allergy-sensitive skin reacted to (the ferret was a big
black fellow named Pepper PreppyKit) and I wish we would have thought a
tad bit first and put a middle-aged, non-adrenal little lady-ferret like
Phyllis The Fair, whom Dear Shelly would not have had any reactions to.

Thanks, extra-special go to dear Shelly for recommending us to be shown
on this localized version of Pet Tales, then helping us get ready for
them and sticking around to be interviewed for half an hour on why she
loves ferrets so much(I wish there'd been more time for them to have
shown more of that!  we both thought she did Great!  :) and to the
interviewer and camera-person for their sterling, professional work.

Okay, now for you guys reading this!  You can see the interview and hear
the speakers at this site...
http://www.wear3.com/news/features/pettales.shtml

or, if this link doesn't work, go to http://www.wear3.com and click on
"pet tales" at the left hand side.