From:
Jaime De Castellvi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:36:01 -0500
I'm terribly saddened about your losses.  I think it is a wonderful thing
that you are writing a story which you dedicate to each of your departed
ferret friends.

Our thoughts and feelings are with you today.  Though I don't know you
personally, ever since you posted about Zeus I've felt quite close to you,
and more so with each passing loss.

The stories you write are beautiful.  There are not enough stories out
there by people who appreciate and love ferrets.  One of my childhood's
favourites used to be "The Wind in the Willows" ("El Viento en los Sauces"
when I read it in Spanish as a kid).  Although I still love it, I regret
the way Mr. Grahame portayed ferrets in it, although I understand that
the book was a product of its time and place.  I've seen more of the
Water-Rat's, the Otter's, Mr. Badger's and Mr. Mole's personality in our
own ferrets than anything else.

Perhaps some day the beautiful stories you write could make a book of
stories for children.  I'm sure they would make a wonderful way to reach
their feelings and to teach them to love ferrets, as well as other animals,
deeply.  I know this is not the primary reason behind your writing right
now, but please consider it in the future.  It would be a wonderful thing
to do.

Our thoughts and feelings will be with you and your little fuzzies this
Christmas.

Sincerely,

Jaime