From:
Erika Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 16:41:10 EST
I am a new ferret owner (four months, although I can't remember a time
before ferrets!) so I'd really appreciate some advice.

Camille is a seven month-old spayed female (sprite?).  Saturday morning, I
noticed that her breathing was occasionally raspy, kind of like a backwards
ferret hiss.  She had also been sneezing slightly more than usual, and one
of her stools was discolored (light and dark brown).  Otherwise play,
eating, and drinking were normal.

Trip to the vet's...
The vet believed it was a respiratory infection and put her on 1 week of
amoxicillan (sp?).  Does this seem correct?  I hadn't seen this vet before,
and it was pretty clear to me that he was not a ferret expert (or any kind
of expert, really).  The raspy breathing stopped while we were at the vet's,
and I now hear it from her maybe once a day briefly.  Everything else is
normal.  Should I worry?  Another trip to a better vet?

I appreciate any advice you could give.

Thank you, and dooks to all.

Erika & Camille