From:
Ginger Loggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 07:07:12 -0700
Hi all,

I noticed someone mentioned their ferret's collar getting stuck in things.
My vet has recommended a stretchable collar with round fabric, where the
bell is basically sewn into the collar.  Of course, I have no idea where to
get one with the right bell.  But the pet stores near me do carry plenty of
the collars, just without the bell.

When we first bought our ferret, we bought a basic flat collar with a bell
(which hasn't caused any problems so far, so we'll probably leave her with
that one).  But, when my vet saw it, he recommended detaching the ring the
bell is atteched to, and sewing the bell by hand into the collar so that it
is not as long.  As I understand it, it is usually the large bell that
get's stuck, so you may want to try that.

            Hope that helps,
                   Ginger