From:
ROCK377274 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 15:24:06 EDT
chris and Fidget, the WVU weasel wrote...
>He started digging, flinging pine needles everywhere.  Apparently underneath
>several layers of needles was an old board.  Fidget started digging himself
>a grand subterranium cavern.  I was impressed that he knew he could get
>really far in the cave and dig, but that he had to pull out all that dirt
>too

Hi.  Woobie LOVES to dig in the dirt too.  i just wanted to tell you about
something I never thought of before until it happened!!  Woobie loved to dig
in the dirt in the front yard of my old apartment.  Of course I used to let
him.  One day he was digging and digging.  He made a little tunnel and was
digging away enjoying himself.  I got tired and decided it was time to go in
the house.  I picked up Woobie and was holding him close to me with my arms
around him on the way into the house.  I put him down on the rug and started
into the kitchen.  I felt something inside my shirt biting me.  I looked
down and there was 100 red Fire ants inside my shirt biting me!!  I flung my
shirt off and got them all off of me and then ran to get Woobie.  He was
INFESTED.  He had 100's and 100's of ants all over him and he had bites and
his skin was all sore and bleeding.  I threw him into the bathtub and ran
him under water.  Thankfully ants die in water unlike fleas!  He was all
bitten and bloody only after a couple of minutes.  I still let him dig.
(Not in that yard ever again)  But he gets a thorough check as soon as hes
done!!  Just figured I'd let you know to look for something other than the
obvious.

Sharon, Woobie and Princess
Former RaysGirl00
Kearny, NJ