From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:55:45 EST
it was not my intention to cause anybody additional pain ..i do my best to
avoid that..or help those who have been hurt...and i did not intentionally
direct this at you...i really do apologize that it came across like that.

this is also very personal and very painful for me...it has been 4 months
since i lost my charlie...7 months since OldGuy and LittleWhiteGirl...i
still cry almost daily about Charlie...even tho i have 17 here to still
love and care for...

the person who writes as Sandee does it from her/his heart, for the love of
all ferrets and obviously love for people...it takes a huge heart to put
yourself through that daily pain...as i am sure it is...just to make a few
feel better...[it is painful to me to even read about the loss of a beloved
ferret...i can't imagine what it would take for me to write a note of
comfort for each and every one...]

death is a very emotional, fragile time for each of us...a loss so profound
that it takes a part of each of us when it happens...Sandee is not
specifically meant to be a specific "religious" personna...or belief...
she is what each of us want her to be...just as she tries to keep it open
for different beliefs so as many of us as possible are comforted and the
least amount of people will be offended...

you know as well as i do that not everyone can be happy about everything
all the time...i do not know how many different kinds of
people/religions/beliefs there are that don't believe in heaven...i know
most of them do...that does not make it right to put down those that don't
...nor those that do...everyone is entitled to their own beliefs..and that
makes each belief the right one...no wrong belief...

there is no way to settle this without hurting many people...and i hate
that...i would hate to see all the comfort sandee gives us curtailed...not
just for me...but for most of us...i also don't like the idea of others
being offended/upset by it...

i don't think there is a way for this to just be left as "i respect your
right to believe the way you do...and you respect my right to believe the
way i do"...i personally have no problem with anybody believing their own
way... what i do object to is if they try to foist their beliefs on
me...and i can see where sandee's posting could feel that way to you...
that we are foisting our beliefs on you...i am sorry for that...

i see no fair way out of any of this...one side or other is going to be
hurt or pushed aside or whatever...i can not think of the right analogy...
sorry...

i guess today is just one of those hard days for me...i just wish all the
discord would go away...and the FML could go back to what it was...i am
getting to the point i am considering leaving it...it is getting too hard
to deal with all the pettiness and bickering and hurt to so many people...
when our main goal should be the happy sharing of our ferrets and the
betterment of their care and their health...

please forgive me if my post seemed aimed at you specifically...it was not
meant to...

kat parsons