From:
Patricia Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:20:46 -0700
You are so right......same as it ever was, still tooting your own horn
about how people are so glad you are around, still dredging up the
past........... you will never let go of the hate you have for the
ferret organization that kicked you out and that was what? 5 years
ago or more.

All of the stuff you bring up has nothing to do with the current issue.
I don't know how you circle like that. People talk about rescuing
ferrets you bring up Vic and ferret organizations. HUH?? I don't see
where one has to do with the other.

What do I consider a proper number? I can't speak for others but the
equation I use for myself is never produced more than I myself can
handle physically and financially. That means socialization, play time,
medical care, and all the necessities, food, water, toys etc. I never
produce more than I can take back myself and I allow myself room in
case a ferret has to come back to me in the future. I will NOT add to
the shelter burden. It is in my contract that the ferret must be
returned to me. The ferret will then remain with me for the rest of
it's life. That is how I deal with ferret breeding and numbers. If I
have older ferrets that need a lot of attention, if I know I am going
to be particularly busy at work, or any other reason that I won't have
time, I don't breed any litters.

You ask me if you have to explain someone wanting to be a savior.
Excuse me but ferret rescue is WORK and a burden. Lots of work, lots
of expense and lots of heartbreak. I just don't see people taking on
a burden like that simply to be a savior.

The bottom line is the man is in dire straits. His animals are in worse
straits. Allowing the animals to continue to breed will do nothing for
his health, is detrimental to the health of the animals and will
certainly decimate his finances even further. He is obviously not
making enough money from it to survive, so it makes no sense to
continue.

I am not even going to answer your absurd comments about the ferret
mafia......but I am curious. Did you ever get your secret decoder
ring??

Don Corleone
Ferret Mafia Inc.
or I forget am I just a Capo??