From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 13:03:29 -0400
Bill, Bob and the rest of the family....

I'm just a week behind on the FML (it takes a rainy weekend to catch up)...

I think the FML get together is a great idea, but what about having it in
cync with a pet related event like the HSUS convention or a pet Expo?  I'd
avoid tying it in with a ferret show simply to avoid bias and controversy
among die hard members of certain showing organizations.

People who could not attend such an event could still request a "badge" to
be made up for htem so they can "flush out" other FML members at other
ferret/pet events.

My suggestion is a little different from cloisene pins or badges though -

When I first discovered the computer outlet for ferret fanciers, I was on
GEnie.  One member made stickers (much cheaper than badges or pins) which
said "Ferrets on GEnie" and had a ferret emerging as a genie from a lamp.
It was on a yellow circle sticker.  I still have one stuck to my cash box.

I suggest we design an FML sticker, have XXXX number printed up, and charge
a few quarters to pay for printing and mailing to FML members.  This way, if
you are at a ferret show or pet event, put a sticker on your exhibitor badge
and everyone will either ask what it is for or KNOW you are an FMLer.  We
can even have the subscriber address printed tiny at the bottom to encourage
easy logging on of others wanting to subscribe.

If this idea is acceptable to everyone, Pet Pals has the funds to get the
stickers intially printed.  Design ideas can be sent to me - and if someone
is willing to donate WWW page space and a scanner, we can get them up for a
vote.  The winning design can be polished up if needed (I'm an artist -
retired) and processed, the winner gets some free, and I will "sell" the
remaining stickers for cost plus shipping to FMLers and take them along to
ferret events to promote the FML.  Stickers should be 2 inches in diameter
and with a bright background color for easy spotting across crowded rooms.

Comments?  Ideas?  Acceptances?

pam