From:
Mary and Modern Ferret magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 17:05:05 -0500
>she also does a cough thing when she drinks water.  She does this
>every time she drinks.

Ralph does the same thing, only we say he "makes an ick face." He doesn't do
it all the time, though.  We've tried giving him warmer water, using a new
water bottle, and moving the water bottle lower so he doesn't have to reach
up, but he still "gaks." Even when he drinks out of a dish that he leans
down to drink from.  We have discovered that if we feed him water out of our
hands, he never gaks.  He is otherwise just fine (eats normally etc).  We
figured he has some kind of psychological problem or something (he is pretty
neurotic as ferrets go :-).  He didn't have this problem until after all our
guys had the green slime.

We just figure he drinks too fast. Anyone know what else it could be?

Mary & the Furry Foursome

Sabrina: "eww! Ralph's makin' a ick face again!"
Ralph: "gakkk! gakkk!"
Marshmallow: "I'll drink the water for you, Ralph!"
Knuks: "Can Ralph an' me have soda pop instead?"