From:
Krazy Kritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 11:25:10 -0600
I write this with a heavy heart, but unfortunately I feel I owe it to all
the good "ferret" people out there, everywhere.

Not to long ago I replied to a posting on the Exotics board at
http://www.acmepet.com from a lady that needed to find a new home for her
three ferrets.  The post was old but I thought I'd reply anyway and see if
by chance they hadn't been adopted yet.  Well, what luck, they hadn't.  I
wrote several e-mails iqurying about them.  Of course I wanted to adopt them
but I didn't want to adopt them only to find out later they had problems
medically, temperament or otherwise.  With each inquiry I got a reply and
all looked good.  So we discussed how I would get these ferrets.

First we discussed driving, but seeing as she was in GA and I in TX,
shipping them seemed to be the more viable solution.  So I called Delta
Dash, got all the info flight times and prepared to have them shipped.  We
agreed that Thanksgiving day would work best.  I didn't have to miss any
work, especially since I had to travel to San Antonio, 3.5 hrs by car.  My
girlfriend and I decided it would be best to spend the night, so we got a
hotel and anxiously awaited the next day when we would go to the airport to
pick them up.  All the while I called the lady in GA, getting her voice
mail, several times to let her know that I was in San Antonio waiting for
them, all was set and so on I thought.  I had taken her word and had
believed her to be honest enough to follow through with the sale.  Well the
next day came, and we anxiously waited out the day till 4:13 PM the time the
flight would arrived from Augusta GA.  I even called her making sure they
made the flight but only got the voice mail like I had always.  I called the
airline to see if they could tell me if the ferrets where on the plane, but
without info only she could provide me they couldn't tell me.  So when the
flight arrived we went to the baggage claim and no ferrets.  I immediately
called her and no answer, just like usual.  When I finally got back home I
wrote several emails wanting to know what had happened.  No replies.  Then
on Saturday, after calling her several more times, I discovered that she had
blocked calls from my number.  From this whole experience I'm glad I can say
I only lost $35, not to mention the time and the money I spent traveling to
San Antonio and all the LD phone calls.  Needless to say if I had not had to
go on this pointless trip I could have adopted some fuzzies from somewhere
else and given them a happy home.

I want everyone to know that her name is: Wendy Godwin at
[log in to unmask], in Augusta GA a supposed ferret person like you or I
and a member of the FML.  So I know she'll be reading this.  I don't want to
start a huge debate or even a flame war, but I feel that what she did was
wrong and has no valid excuse.  I just wanted people to know so she can't
get money out of someone else.  I was lucky this time.  I know I've be more
cautious next time for sure.

Matthew and ferret kritters Peanut and Bijoux
[log in to unmask]          [log in to unmask]
Coming Soon http://www.nextdim.com/users/fertsnw
A place for animal lovers everywhere to share thier stories, happy or sad!

[Moderator's note: I contacted Ms. Godwin directly to give her a chance
to reply, should she choose to.  As for her being on the FML, don't be too
sure!  BIG]