Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 23:55:25 -0800
>Yeah, so what....The other shelter only cares when it's convenient for
>them?  I'm not a shelter operator, so I can't put myself in there shoes.
>But Ithink they could have come up with a better answer than "too busy".

Wow anonymous....cool your jets.  Address your displeasure of the 'too
busy' comment to where it belongs, not to my post.

'So what'???!  I am just saying don't include Northern Nevada in a Southern
Nevada problem.  Nevada is a big state with lots of nothing between
communities.  The 'other' shelter is in Las Vegas and the writer of the
below quote made it sound as if the bad pet store problem was statewide.
It is not.  I was using humor to bring this out.  The post should have
said, '......it was too busy to help rectify a growing problem in the Las
Vegas area.' We do not have a pet store problem up here in the North.  We
did several years ago, but they were put out of business by Animal Control
when we documented animal cruelty situations and they ascertained we were
correct.  (This was not ferret related, it was herp related and we are
fortunate to have as members of the Northern Nevada Herpetological Society,
some of the foremost reptile authorities in the country.)

>One disappointment though was the turn out that we got.  The only ferret
>shelter from Nevada that even made it was 24Carat, and CJ was sick at that.
>It has been reported to me that the other shelter said it was to busy to
>help rectify a growing problem in the Nevada area.

For our ferrets

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, and Bancho.  In spirit, Bubba, Billy-Bob, and
Garret)