From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:23:57 EST
Well just when I thought the numbers were under control.  I took in 2
ferrets last night and agreed to take in two more Saturday, hey my
numbers were down to 24, but then today I got a call from a local shelter
who had 25 ferrets "dumped" on them from a lady who supposedly was a
ferret rescue but had to close her doors.  They told me her name and I
told them I have done rescue in Colorado for ten years now, aside from
one other lady here in Colorado I believe I am the longest running rescue
in Colorado and one of the only left.  And the lady who claimed she was a
rescue I never heard of, I think she was a hoarder and got overwhelmed,
but unlike us who would never turn our backs she turned them over to a
shelter.  A few they put down before they even contacted me unfortunatley
but I now have most and need help.  Spread the word I have ferrets as
young as 4months to older guys and they need a home.  And I need help
bad with litter and food.  I wrote Iams and Proplan to see if they would
donate but who knows, maybe if a few other folks would write on the
ferrets behalf.  I have over 50 ferrets to feed right now.  Plus I am
still out a washing machine and desperate for one.  I even wrote Sears
to see if they would donate one but I did not even get a response.  Any
help would be great.  I have alot of sweet healthy young ferrets and
sweet older guys also.

Take care all
Stephanie President Ferrets Etc.