From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2010 07:45:07 -0400
My vet recently recommended an additive for my dogs' water, which is
designed to fight plaque, bad breath, and for basic oral hygiene.

The one I purchased (there are others available) is called BreathaLyser
Plus, and the ingredients are: Purified water, Glycerine, Xylitol,
Polysorbate 20, Potassium sorbate, Emilgase (enzyme), Zinc gluconate,
Sodium benzoate, FD&C Blue No.1, & Chlorhexidine gluconate

It is for cats and dogs. I am wondering if anyone has tried it in their
ferrets' water, or know of any reason why it shouldn't be used. I'm
interested in hearing from ferret owners who have been advised not to
use it, or who have successfully used it with their ferrets.

Thanks
Katharine
Florida

[Moderator's note: Perhaps the amount of Xylitol in the formulation is
low, but please note Xylitol toxicity in dogs and many other species.
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/oct06/061001b.asp
http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/people-foods.html
I have no idea if it extends to ferrets, but if it were my ferret, I'd
do more research first! That goes for my dog too. BIG]