Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 18:19:23 -0400
A few things to smile about in Michigan.

Just a couple of items that gave me reason for believing that our beloved
ferrets will conquer 'big, bad Michigan' one way or another.  First, an item
heard on the morning news one day during the past week in metro Detroit: Two
ferrets babes returned to a pet store in Michigan after a few days of
"trial" ownership.  Ferrets poked at through cage by a small unsupervised
child.  One ferret nips child.  Later that day, the ferrets are bought by
someone who fills out ownership paperwork and takes ferrets to loving new
home.  Animal Control Monsters make a visit to pet store to confiscate and
kill ferret.  AC attempts to go after new owner but finds she doesn't exist.
Now, there is one smart ferret friend!

Two, in today's newspaper, the Oakland Press (Oakland County, MI, one of
tri-counties of metro Detroit), there is a front section, 6" X 6" picture of
a sweet fert named Mena, sittin' happlily on top of her human's ball cap,
enjoying the afternoon sunshine.  Picture taken in Holland, Michigan.  GO
MENA!!!

*My first post to the FML, thank you to everyone for knowing and loving
ferrets for the warm, wonderful pets they are!*