Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 18:58:56 -0400
If you live in the NY-NJ-CT area and would like 10 ice cube trays full
of Bob's CG, please email me. I am in NY, NY, and don't have a car, so
you'd have to pick it up.

I also have some meds, but only 1 box to put them in, so it would be
easiest if they could all go to a shelter or someone with a lot of sick
old ferrets. Most are full or nearly full bottles I ordered just before
Rocky died and a couple that I had as backups. I have the following:

Diazoxide: 2 bottles from different compounding pharmacies--1 is
50mg/ml molasses flavored; 1 is 10mg/ml and sweetened with no
particular flavor

Prednisonlone: 1 generic pharmaceutical 6.75mg/5ml (no sugar or
alcohol); 1 is compounded 5mg/ml molasses flavor

Flutamide: 2 bottles from same compounding pharmacy 20mg/ml. 1 chicken
flavored; 1 unflavored

All but 2 of these were bought in March and I have kept everything
refrigerated.

If someone could pick them up, that'd be great. I wouldn't mind mailing
a box out with all of them but it will be hard for me to send them all
to different places because I don't have a car, or packaging materials
and have not been feeling well.

I have to go out of town 5/21-5/26, so I might be able to do it before,
but definitely after.

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get this together, but besides not
feeling well physically I have been a wreck emotionally since Rocky
left. A day has not gone by that I haven't cried. And just looking at
the meds brings it all back to me. It was terrible in the end, and I am
very angry about all the incompetent vets I saw who might have caught
these illnesses sooner if they knew what they were doing regarding
ferrets. A couple of them were ok but too hard to get too without a car
for both Rocky and me. Even the last one I saw, who I liked, I'm not
sure about. I think he gave Rocky too high a dose of Flutamide to start
(15mg) because Rocky got really sick after that and stopped eating. I
know he was ill and had to go soon, but he didn't have to suffer so
much. I often wonder if I should have let him go months before I
actually did. I cry about that too and everything I put him through
with those vets. I feel like I betrayed him in the end.

Best of health to all of you and your precious furkids.

Shron
In Memory of Rocky