From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 16:19:07 -0700
Hello from Eden & the guys in Seattle,
I thought I'd add one more voice to the people who say that posting to the
FML when you must give up your ferrets is something we should actively
encourage rather than discourage.

I adopted my babies about a year and a half ago, from a couple who posted to
the FML in order to find a good home for Misha & Lemke because they'd
recently had a baby & found that they weren't giving the ferrets the love &
attention they deserved.  Now I confess, that I have a pretty hard line
attitude about pet ownership being a serious lifelong commitment & all that
, but if Sam & Soo hadn't made the painful decision to give the boys a
"better life" then I would never have had the joy of living with and
spoiling my two loveable goofball fuzzy babies.  I know this was a hard
decision for them, and it's one I hope never to face, but if I do, this is
the number one place I would go to find someone knowledgable & loving to
give my boys the best home possible.

I agree that treating animals as "disposable" is reprehensible, but posting
here to try and find your ferrets the best home possible when you don't have
any other alternatives left is something that we should all be grateful to
have as a back-up option "just-in-case".

probably preachin' to the choir...

Eden and her 3 guys: Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)