From:
lisa blohm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:55:13 -0400
well, as usual, i send out an email, and then end up finding the answer i
need (sort of) somewhere else online... i never realized that this was a
common occurrance.  still, i couldnt find anywhere how much hairball stuff
to give, or when i should expect it to come out, until some of you guys
wrote me.  so here's the update:

i went out at midnight and bought mollie some kitten hairball stuff at the
grocery store, tried to give it to her, she didnt want it.  tried to mix it
with a little milk.  it wouldnt mix.

put a little vegetable oil in the milk, hoping that it might help it mix
better.  nada.

(mollie is the only ferret i have ever seen who does not like ferretone,
so i didnt have much hope for her likeing this stuff)

finally i scruffed her, and she was happily willing to eat the hairball
stuff when she was scruffed.  seems she had more important things to do
like hide my sports bra or attack the ab-slide before, so once she was
scruffed she figured she might as well eat.

so this morning, she was fine, it looked like only one poopy in her litter
box, which was kind of alarming, and then my boyfriend said "she looks kind
of humbled today, i dont know why".  this scared me, but then we identified
her look as her "Bedhead" look (shes just like a person when she waked up-
her hair is messy and her eyes are all funny looking) i took out her litter
box, , and, eureka, not one poop, but 4 or so, all stacked up on top of
each other, and i put her poop in a ziplock, mushed it around (now thats
good morning entertainment for you!) and what did i find?  4 chunks of
styrofoam!  i dont know if thats all of it, but i think so, since she
chewed it up before swallowing.

so, thankfully, this was not a bad experience.  i want to thank everyone
who wrote me, sandy, kerry, ada, melody, sherry, suki, ben, and anyone
else.  mollie thanks you too!

             LisaMarie Blohm
           Editor, Webmistress
       www.bitconproductions.com