From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:41:44 -0500
Guess what I just found?  Our original permit for Haleakala from 1983.  She
was preceded by two temporary residents (Smash and Breshnev (sp?)) and by
family member Tandy, and we have a feeling for how long they were before
Hale' joined us, plus we know that we did not have ferrets in the place
where we lived up to the Spring of '82, so it must have been in 1982 --
likely in Summer from recollection of the weather -- that we got our
first ferret.  For a while now we haven't recalled how long ferrets have
been in the family.  Now we know again!  19 years with ferrets in the
family sometime in a few months!