From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 12:29:40 -0500
The telephone ferret:
You should probably keep a very close eye on Illura!  It sounds to me like
you might very well have a member of the FLO living in your home!  (You
might also want to check to be sure that she can't chew off pieces of
buttons, if they're the soft plastic kind, or the rubber pads the phone
sits on.)

Blizzard wants to eat but can't:
From what you've described, it sounds like Blizzard is experiencing nausea.
Some ferrets refuse to even try to eat, others seem to try, but won't.
You might try giving him .5cc of Emetrol (most of mine prefer the cherry
flavor, but a couple like the lemon), which you can get at most any
pharmacy department.  If he eats "normally" afterwards it would at least
diagnose the symptom.  Then you can go from there trying to diagnose the
source of the symptom.  When they've refused to eat for an extended period,
it doesn't take much to upset their stomachs.  Maybe he's allergic to
something in his regular food that keeps his stomach upset.  (I have one
that is allergic to corn gluten meal.  Eating too many treats that contain
this will upset her stomach.) I'm not a vet, my advice is from experience
and my vets' recommendations of things I've tried that have worked.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home, Carthage, TX