From:
David Brokaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:12:12 -0400
>Just thought I would share with my FML family.  Lots of people I know
>bringing home kittens lately.
>
>Lisette

Dear Lisette,

I feel your pain.  One, my cat is female and does not have the problem with
needed her own space to mark.  She has a cat box out of the ferret area and
she sticks to it.  Other times, she just goes outside.  The ferrets are
restricted to the living room, dining room and kitchen areas only.  The
rugs were replaced in the dinning room with pergo wood floor and the living
room is tile.  The rugs were hopefully burned.

As I have said before, the cat and ferrets get along very well together.
The cat sits on the chairs and shelves, and the ferrets are not a problem.
When she is lying on the floor, she puts out a paw and playfully bats any
intruders.  (I do clip her claws just like the ferrets.)

To sum up, we were going to replace the rug anyway, so that was not an
expense unplanned.  All of our kids get along well, and when we are away,
or asleep, they go into their beds in the cage.

Sincerely,
David B. Brokaw