From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:33:24 -0700
This is the life of a shelter operator. In Linda Soule's own words:

"I received a call from a lady that she had a ferret in the garage ...
several people told her that ferrets carried rabies and that it should
be killed. She called her husband and he was on his way to get rid of
the ferret. I told her not to do anything and I would be there in five
minutes.

"When I arrived, the garage door was open and she had a broom in her
hands ... She didn't want it in the garage. I asked her ... where is
the ferret now? Behind the trash can. I found the poor scared little
thing and opened up the carrier. She walked right in ... She was
adrenal and thin but she gave the best kisses. That was six years ago
and I figured she was at least three when I got her.

"Holly had her adrenal surgery and then found a great home. In less
than a year, the woman passed away and I took all 12 of her ferrets.
Holly was adrenal again and wouldn't do well with another surgery ...
She is now totally bald, blind and insulinomic. Her little feet curl
when she tries to stand but she always finds the food bowl. She eats
more than some of her roommates. I know she doesn't have a lot longer,
but I know she has everything she ever wanted, and that she is happy."

Please take a moment to see an amazing picture of Holly on our website
at http://www.shelterfriends.blogspot.com.

You'll also find the story of an inspiring ferret named Houdini, plus
a beautiful handmade quilt by Ardith Raines and nine other beautiful
raffle items. All of the proceeds from our raffle will go to benefit
Linda Soule's Ferrets With Soul(e) shelter near Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
Please hurry - the raffle will end soon, and Linda is facing a $3600
vet bill. Raffle tickets are just $2 apiece, three for $5 and six for
$10. (Quilt tix are $5 apiece, and worth every dime.")

Thank you for supporting a hard-working, worthy shelter!

Susann Thiel and Lisa Oestereich
Friends of Ferret Shelters