From:
"Elizabeth M. Goldstein" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:33:54 -0400
A. ANCHIETA <[log in to unmask]> recently stated:
>I think I am paranoid, but I might not be the only one.  I just noticed the
>other day that I always lock the front door when I let out the ferrets.
>What are they going to do?  Open it?  Then again, the other day Mordecai got
>up on the couch and he was reeeaaaching for that doorknob.  We caught him
>before he fell on his furry little face.  Has anyone's ferret figured out
>how to open a door?

I'm not sure, exactly, if they can open door knobs.  However...

Tribble, my smartest ferret (who died from being "too smart") got out one
day when we *KNOW* that everything was closed...but when the maintenance guy
found him (he'd been run over by a car), he said that the front door was
open.

We'd shut the door before going to work/school...we'd not locked it because
we couldn't find the keys (I wonder who stole *THOSE* ...<grin>), but we
know the door "clicked".  Now...whether Tribble figured out how to open it
(the couch was right next to the front door, so it is possible that he
turned the knob if he figured it out), or it somehow "popped open", we'll
never know...

...But *DO* lock your door when the fuzzies are out.

Hugs.

Cheryl Mathison
(using the account at work till I get a new home phone)