From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 13:24:34 -0500
We got a great new ferret for our shelter.  A large oval sign carved out of
solid wood - a log end.  It is a magnificantly crafted piece measuring 34
inches long and about 24 inches high; about 3 inches thick.  It has our
shelter name, "4 Li'l Paws Ferret Shelter around the outside edge of the
oval; the letters raised about an inch or so above the background.  In the
middle is a large raised ferret, and an indented ferret paw print above, to
the right rear of the ferret body.  It's finished with 15 coats of linseed
oil making it a rich, dark brown.  The worm holes and natural cracks in the
wood really enhance the rustic appearance

The man who did it, Tom Worcester, had adopted two ferrets from us.  He and
his wife brought the two ferrets with them to see us when they brought over
the sign.  The ferrets were in beautiful shape - each must have put on half
a pound since they adopted them.  Tom does jewlry and "chain saw" carvings
like this.  It must have taken him weeks to do the sign.  We can't thank him
enough.  It's great to have wonderful people like this in the world.

Dick B.