From:
Jessica Schaugaard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:25:19 -0700
>...one of my ferrets left this pool of urine in the laundry room (where
>they live).  It was on the carpet, ... When I found it it was mucousy,
>which I'd never encountered before.  Has anyone else?  Is that normal,
>ever?  There was no stool involved in this, and it definitely had nothing
>to do w/it sitting around too long.  This was quite slimy urine.

Minta,
Are you sure it was urine?  Did you actually see the ferret urinate?  I
don't know much about ferrets, but I have seen my mom's pet poodle vomit a
mucuosy substance, and if I remember right, it smelled a LOT like urine.  In
fact, if I hadn't actually seen her vomiting, that's probably what I might
have thought it was.  I don't know what caused it, but it was quite a while
ago, and the dog is still alive, and just fine...possibly a stomach
irritation?  Ate something that didn't quite agree, but was digestible?
Just a thought.

Jessica the ferret-starved one

P.S.  I found a pet store in my area that carries MF ferret kits, but still
haven't found a shelter in the Salt Lake valley area.  The kits were about
7wks, looked pretty healthy, although I would like to see the wood shavings
removed, and a few more toys put in.  Also, the pet store manager told me
that ferts are legal everywhere except Sandy, I have also heard they're
legal everywhere except Taylorsville, AND that they're illegal everywhere
except Taylorsville...does anyone in Utah have any definitive info on ferret
legality here?  I've been trying to get a hold of Heidi Evans, president of
Ferret AMICI, but with no luck as yet.  Thanks.