From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 22:22:36 -0700
Hello everyone.  Chere would be sending out this message but she is
restricted in the amount of time she can sit up because of a back injury
sustained while distributing supplies during the Florida disaster response.

United Animal Nations is on the scene in Oklahoma and is evaluating the
needs.  Terri Crisp told Chere that many animals have been rescued from the
debris and are in medical care due to injuries.  In surfing, I found the
following pictures:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/p/ap/19990504/us/oklahoma_tornado_cdy.html

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/p/ap/19990504/us/oklahoma_tornado_ost.html

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/p/ap/19990503/us/oklahoma_tornado_ka7.html

We hope to have a representative in Oklahoma shortly.  This person will act
as our triage coordinator and will tell us what supplies are needed and
then distribute incoming goods.  We currently have a volunteer on site who
is taking pictures of the displaced animals.  These pictures will be put on
the web and other places in an attempt to reunite pets with their owners.

Money is needed to pay the vet bills of displaced animals.  Those who want
to help monetarily should make their check to "United Animal Nations
(EARS)".  They can send their check to FFDRI and we will forward them on.
UAN EARS is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization therefore you donation is
tax deductible.  FFDRI's address is 8775 20th Street Lot 614, Vero Beach,
FL 32966.

I sent out about 100 messages two days ago but only heard back from one
individual and one vet.  I was sure hoping to put together a larger
disaster package.  If you would like to help with a donation of goods,
please contact the nearest FFDRI coordinator.  This person can be located
from the following link:
http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~ferretma/people.html

Chere says, "Folks unfortunately this will be an ongoing response and I
expect it to last a minimum of 6 weeks."

The animals thank you for your help.

          -Carla

Save a life today! Visit the Ferret Friends
Disaster Response International website.
(http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~ferretma/ffdri1.html)