Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 06:44:20 -0700
Last night I received a call from a fellow volunteer from our shelter, who
had a sad story to relate.

A ferret mom had phoned asking for help in locating her lost ferret.  She
had good suspicions that the ferret had gone into the wall through a hole.
After straining to hear and not getting anything, the woman called the fire
department who came over and ran a device over the wall that detects heat.
After a couple of hours, there was no sign of the ferret.  Her heart sank.

She did not give up hope and continued to look around the house, where upon
she found her little girl wedged in a large glass vase, head down, drowned.
For reasons unknown to me, the ferret was not easily spotted either being
camouflaged by the colour of the wall, or the vase, the contents of the
vase, or the colour of the ferret.

Just another something we need to watch out for...

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur
For the love of ferrets...

[cross posted to FOB]