From:
mark bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:25:16 -0700
Lisa,
I know that much has been said about wood floors already but I would like
to add just one more idea into the stew.

I once worked in a private ship yard where you do it once and do it right
and the boat owners are picky so if it was wood and was not painted we
used OIL BASED SPAR VARNISH....... It holds up to punishing salt water
spray and splashing , drenching downpours and all the nastiest weather
you could imagine.  Also we would polish some varnished areas like table
tops , bench backs & other areas where humans sit walk or lean with
butchers wax , it's a double sealant and BTW butchers wax is what they
use on bowling alley lanes .  you don't have to varnish the whole floor ,
just the area the weasels use.  another point to make , use the clear
type so you can also coat the corner and a few inches up the wall ...

hope this helps.

oh the joy , your weasels have a whole new house to explore , a weasels
version of disneyland.
Mark (ferreter)