From:
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 08:10:12 -0700
>From:    Manfred Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Shows
>Does anybody know of any Ferret shows between now and Christmas taking place
>anywhere in the Michigan, Southern Ontario or New York state areas.

There will be one in Lansing in a couple weeks.  If Tracey Tunnison or one
of the others doesn't give specifics I will in a couple days.  We're heading
up for this one, its their first show under their own sanctioning.  We'll be
bringing up our Angora ferrets and a couple of our others.

We went to the Chicago show last weekend and had a good time.  It was a long
show but pretty good.  I didn't get the names of the winners so I won't be
able to post them.  I did notice that the Best of Ring in Vickie McKimmey's
ring was an abandoned jill.  Someone had left the poor thing at a vet.
Vickie has now adopted her.  Rescues can do real well at shows.

The LAFF Phantom Ferrets on Parade is this weekend at the Capitol Expo
Center in Chantilly Virginia.  This is on Willard Ave just South of where
Route 50 and Route 28 meet.  Come have a good time.  There will be fun match
events particularly a costume contest.  Best costume choices will be those
that cobine the ferret in costume with the owner - something like a witch
with the ferret dressed as a black cat would be cool.  Show I think starts
at about 10AM and vendors wills tay til at least 5PM.  Hopefully the
Championship rings won't last much later.  Our daughter Courtney will be the
Emcee - she can keep a show running smoother than anyone we know!  Ask those
who went to the Big Apple Ferret Fiesta in NYC.

There are many many shelters overflowing in this area and plenty of
wonderful ferrets can be adopted at this show.  Please support your local
shelters.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/