From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:56:32 -0700
>They were offering alternatives to dogs and cats for those people that
>wanted a low maintenance pet.

LOL!!!  Yes, I regularly tell people who ask that ferrets are very
low-maintenance.  They always use the litter box, they don't move any of my
stuff, they ask permission before going where they might not be allowed,
and they quietly sit on my lap for hours watching documentaries on TV.

Little old ladies who stop me in the park are thrilled when I tell them
they're just like cats, only much quieter, with no scratching, nipping, or
energetic outbursts.  Please, get a ferret if you don't want to work at
having a pet.

(Heavens, such heresy is beyond even my own comprehension!)

Ariel and her fesnyng