From:
WENDY HOCHMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:47:01 -0800
I have found additional ramps at some of the smaller pet stores and also
from the Midwest Company.  They are sold in a set of two ramps and two
shelves for around $50.00.

My Fur kids kept sliping off of the plastic shelves and there was so
much waisted space that I ditched the shelves and ramps alltogether and
designed my own shelves using pieces of wood that measured 23" x 12" and
covered them in Nautical carpet which has the water proof backing.  If
water spills on the carpet the wood doesn't get wet.  The shelves are
held in place with four large brass wood screws that come out like pegs
through the cage.

At one time I had even attached eye hooks to slimmer pieces of wood and
to the higher shelves and made detachable ramps.  The kids liked jumping
from one shelf to another vice using the ramps so I took them out and
placed in a two story step house that they uses to sleep in or to climb
up to the top shelf into the hammy.

The cost of the materals to make the shelves only ran me $25.00 and most
places will cut the wood for you.

Peace

Wendy From
Harmony House