From:
"Weiss, Donna" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2011 13:39:40 +0000
Anyone know how to, or if you can, view the BFF cam on a Droid phone?
It shows the cam as a black box with a blue square in the center. Can't
figure out how to open it. Driving me crazy! I don't have internet at
this house and want to see Julep NOW! Saw only one of them yesterday
where I have Inet access. He/she was really hopped up!

Ferrets ARE smart. My very first, Gretchen, was a tiny MF albino. Got
her in 1999. Had her only a few months when I kept finding the kitchen
counters rearranged and things on the floor. I also kept finding a
narrow drawer open a few inches. Cat got blamed. One night I heard
crashing from the kitchen. That drawer is open again and Gretchen, this
tiny (in almost 8 years, she never got over 18 ounces), 5-month-old
ferret was on the counter. I'm looking around trying to figure out what
she climbed? Surely she can't jump that far? How did she get up there?
I put her down and closed the drawer. Went back to the other room.

Crashing from the kitchen again! Same scenario. I'm thinking no one
told me a ferret could jump straight upward 3 feet. Put her down and
closed the drawer. Made a note to call the contractor. House not old
and shouldn't be settling enough to cause that drawer to roll open.
No way ferrets can jump that high? Can they?

This time I hide and peek around the corner to watch the jump. That
kitchen has a long row of cabinets. A stack of narrow drawers on the
left. A narrow door on the right with shelving inside. The center of
the row is more cabinets and under-the-sink area...big, heavy doors.

Gretchen pawed open the smaller far right door and went inside. I left
my hiding spot and went to see more. Now I hear scratching and that
narrow top drawer on the far left side is rolling open. Gretchen is in
the drawer on her back, clawing against the underside of the top of
the counter, opening the drawer for her short climb to the top.

Off I went to the hardware store.

To this day, 12 years later, I still don't know how she knew that
getting into that small door, going over all those partitions, climbing
up and into the back of the top drawer and clawing it open while lying
on her back would gain her access to the top? She was a tiny BABY! Even
I didn't know those accesses were there.

I'll never know the answer. What I DO know is that's the day "ferret
mania" came to me. I'll never live without ferrets. They keep me on my
toes, alive. No matter what happens, they find a way to bring me to
joy.

When I think of ferrets and problem solving and use of tools, I know
the problem is figuring out when/what/where/why/how they did it. The
tools are what I need to keep them from doing it again.

God Bless All Ferrets.