From:
Sandi Humphrey-E10220 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:52:33 -0600
An article on the Cleveland Ferret Biting had appeared in Monday's
Sun-Sentinel newspaper (Ft. Lauderdale).  In response, I faxed the press
release from Linda Iroff, along with a cover memo to give them additional
information on the indicent, and extracts from Jean's memo stating ferret
found in cage, no blood, investigating possilbility of rat bite.  My cover
letter explained we're a family with 5 pet ferrets who are loving, sociable
and an integral part of our family; also members of S.  FL Ferret Club and
Rescue (gave web address) with a significant local membership.  Expressed
concern that the public was not as familiar with ferrets as pets, compared
to cats and dogs, and we did not want the reputation of ferrets marred,
unnecessarily, especially given that all facts were as yet unknown.  If
Linda/Jean keep us posted on final outcome and any subsequent press
releases, will forward that information as well.

Also, wanted to make other Florida folks aware that we were very pleased
with the adrenal surgery performed by Brian Butzer, D.V.M. at 9531 Clint
Moore Road in Boca Raton, FL (phone is 561-487-0226).  We have a 3 1/2 year
old MF male ferret who had been starting to lose hair on tail and nearby
body.  The only other recommendations had been from Miami, so having someone
local might be of interest to others in the vicinity.

P.S.  Generally I'm one of those lurkers.  But, enjoy the FML.  Thanks to
BIG for his efforts.

Sandi Humphrey (& Eric Nilsen; Jeren Nilsen - age 12, FerretMaster)
...and Lucky, Jeni, Spunky, Cocoa and Lil' Bear (see us in the club photo
alblum at:  http://www.gate.net/~mjanke)