Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 01:21:12 -0700
Rascal crossed to the bridge on May 18th. Both of us were ready and
though I will miss his physical presence, I know the time was right
and he needed to cross and have his health restored.

Rascal was a gentle soul. He was friendly with all and accepting of
the others attitudes. He came to me with adrenal disease and a bladder
ready to rupture. My wonderful vet admitted him and removed a left
adrenal tumor (benign) the next day. He lived up to his name and ate
this angiocath! He recovered quickly although it was a year before his
fur returned. Then, last July he couldn't pee and off to the vet again.
Surgery revealed a right tumor and several insulomona "cysts" but the
report was malignant. He took his meds and drank his soup. I did not
expect him to be with me very long. As time passed, I hoped for more.
Twice I came home to find him nonreactive. I would hold him and beg him
to wake up; I wasn't ready. Both times he responded and came back to
himself. I saw him get thin and his breathing was faster; the tumor was
spreading. That last week I knew the time had come. I held him and told
him when he was ready so was I. He was still drinking water and eating
his junk food, Pounce but I saw it was nearing the end. On the 18th, I
found him in his sleep sack. He opened his eyes only once. I wrapped
him up so he was comfortable and the two of us lay in bed. His
breathing was quiet and he showed no sign of pain. By midnight he was
gone. I miss his funny little face and how he ran to the fridge when I
opened the door. But this was right and time for him to be free of his
failing body.

Until we meet again.

Olivia