From:
Shannan Skitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:11:06 -0400
Hi Gang!

It's me Deo! =)  My mommy said I wasn't allowed on the computer last
month as I was sick.  I got a big ouchy needle and then the Vet cut my
belly open (geez I thought she liked me!) and took something out.  Mom
says I don't need it and it was bad cause it was making me mount my
sisters, but I'm not convinced.

Still I'm feeling good now and am allowed back on the 'puter.

I want to tell you all about *Sept.  26th* as it's a very special day.
It's Black-Footed Ferret Day!!  Mr. Travis of Prairie Wildlife Research
(PWR) told me that "his ferrets" which are really different than me are
having a special day to celebrate their life.  Sometime before my mommy
even had ferrets people thought that the wild ferrets were all gone.
Then on Sept. 26th 1981 (that's on the hoomin calendar as I don't know
when that is in ferret years) a ferret was killed.  Now I know that
sounds bad but this little ferret is my Hero (well next to Super Tonks!).
This ferret gave his life so the hoomins could find his family and help
save them.  Unfortunately more and more ferrets died from disease and
there were only 18 ferrets left.  So the nice hoomins rescued them and
all the black-footed ferrets that are alive today came from those 18.
That's why a black-footed ferret is my hero, he gave his life that day
to save his family. =)

Okay so here's the best news of all.

We're having a Party!!!  Mom said you can have one too!

Mr. Travis has given her some information on that special ferret day
and news about a special fundraiser for the 25th anniversary of the
"rediscovery" of the BFF.  It's called a Rediscovery Dinner and all you
have to do is invite some family members, friends, ferrets or anyone you
want to have dinner with to your house.  You make them dinner and instead
of bring you a gift they make a donation to PWR (please remember they can
still bring us ferts a gift- Tone is always good!).  My mom is having a
big party on the 29th, and she has all kinds of information about the
dinner and how to host.  She even has some invitations with pictures of
ferrets on them that she can send to you.  All you have to do is email
her ([log in to unmask]) and she'll pass on what Mr. Travis gave her.
There is also a gift from PWR for hoomins that host a dinner.  Hey Mr.
Travis is there anything for ferrets that announce your dinner or those
that host?  *tail wagging, very hopeful*

We hope you join us and host a party!  Tell others too!

Many Dooks,
Deo

Please support our wild friends
Visit <http://www.prairiewildlife.org/>