From:
Shannon Snavely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:48:32 -0800
Hello FML Family,

I really enjoyed Zoo's why we do this posting. Holidays are absolutely
the time of year when I begin to look back upon the past yr. & what has
happened, everything from mistakes, success, failure, family, friends.
ect... The list can go on & on. We definitely second guess ourselves.
I have to remember all situations and events to learn from. To grow.
Being a newer rescue I have found it important to listen and learn from
others. There are so many rescues that have been out there longer that
have really been through it all it seems. Talk to people with 5-20yrs.
& you have to appreciate that a lot of these rescues got us where we
are today.

I try to hold on to sayings I like and try to remember the positives in
them and use them in times like why I second guess myself. Why did I
not know to do this in this situation w/ a ferret emergency,rescue,or
surrender? In life the same is true, try to hold on to the positive,
drop the negative and learn something out of it. A very good one here
recently, Smile why frown its not going to make it any better. My
grandfather had funny little sayings Kay Sara Sara, you said it not
me,Ce la vie.

What I'm getting at is there is a lot of pain through Holidays. Loved
ones lost thought about, be it pets or people. I'm grateful for those
memories even though there is bittersweet pain along with those
memories. Cherishing those who came before us to pave the way so heaven
forbid we don't have to learn the hard way. We live, we learn and we
move on.

To those rescues that have reached out- to teach,listen and show us how
it's done and sharing honestly what got them here: Thank you and have a
Happy heartfelt Holiday Season and smile because frowning won't make it
any better. Thanks Debbie for the new saying to hold onto.

Sincerely,
Shannon
Ferret Dreamers Rescue Haven