From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:33:19 -0600
Hi,

I help run Cloud Nine Ferrets in Huntsville, Alabama.  Since Christmas, we
have had approximately 10 requests for ferrets.  We are in the unique
situation of actually NOT having any to adopt at the moment.

We could really like to help a shelter out there by transferring 10 ferrets
to our shelter so that we can place them in homes.  Of the shelters I have
personally contacted by telephone, one is ECE-positive and cannot send us
any animals, and the other two have plenty of ferrets, but all must be
adopted as pairs.  All of our requests have been for single ferrets.

I realize that this will cost some money to transfer them to Alabama via
Delta DASH, but we are willing to help with the costs.  We will also
reimburse you for any carriers that must be used to transfer them to us.

Even if I pass on the expense of the airplane ride to the new owners, it
will be less expensive than sending these people to the pet store.  We have
managed to get almost every pet store to stop selling ferrets and to send
people to our shelter, but one, Pet Gallery, has decided to sell them
year-round.  Their current price is $160 each.

Can anyone help?

-Mark Zmyewski
 Cloud Nine Ferrets
 Huntsville, Alabama