From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 01:46:28 -0500
GOTTA DANCE
(Tune: Bridge Over Troubled Water, by Paul Simon)

When you're an Outlaw,       Don't know why
Just want to Dance and play,     Don't want to cry
I'm on your side, Oh....
I'll fight for you,       Your Right shall be my Cause
GOTTA DANCE down these troubled highways to protest these laws!
GOTTA DANCE down these troubled highways to protest these laws!

For long generations        We've been friends
That's why it's hard to see       Why some folks won't bend
(But) I'll take your part, Oh....
'Cause that's my right,         To stand for Freedom's Cause
GOTTA DANCE down these troubled highways to protest these laws!
GOTTA DANCE down these troubled highways to protest these laws!

Dance on, Ferret Child,      Dance on by
The music plays for you
All your friends are cheering you
See how they Dance,  Oh.....
You've got lots of Friends,        They're fighting on your side!
GOTTA DANCE down these troubled highways, Love can't be denied!
GOTTA DANCE down these troubled highways, Love can't be denied!

[with apologies & gratitude to Paul Simon for a good tune .... ;-)  ]