From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:27:00 -0800
>From:    Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Markings on a Ferret
>I have checked everywhere and can only find descriptions of "standard"
>markings on ferrets (i.e. blaze, mitts, etc.).  My ferret has white toes
>only, and only on her front feet - is there an official name for this
>marking?  Other than those little white toes, she is a standard sable.

Sable Mitt.  Just not a particularly "proper" one by the standards.
Obviously it is important only for purposes of shows what the name is.
But this is one expression of the Waardensburg gene.  You might want to
try deciding whether your ferret is deaf.  Some but certainly not all of
these various patterns from this gene have hearing problems.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]